Businesses are undergoing digitization at a rapid pace. Cyberspace is the new virtual world which has made the world a well-connected place. It has opened up a new horizon of opportunities for the companies. The new technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Cloud Storage & Computing have revolutionized the digital world. IT needs to step up to the challenges posed by cybersecurity threats. They need to identify the risks and take preemptive actions to secure the digital assets of the company against any cybercrime.
Cyber Security Threats
More than 80 per cent of the workload is on the cloud infrastructure. And cloud computing is actually vulnerable to any sort of cyber attack. Data breach, account hacking, system hijacking are some of the major threats to Cloud.
AI is a double-edged sword, although it is used to create tools to enhance productivity and remove system vulnerabilities. However, if the intent is malicious then it can also be used to pant and implement sophisticated cyber attacks.
It is one of the most common forms of Social Engineering attacks which have caused the major data breaches and financial information theft. The hackers may use WhatsApp, Skype, WeChat like Apps to install malware software in your systems and paralyse it.
It is also one of the most common forms of causing unrest and influencing people’s minds through fake videos on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Fake information is also one of the common tools used to influence people to take the wrong decisions or impersonate someone to gather critical information.
These are one of the oldest types of viruses which infiltrate the security of the system through impersonating normal software and once it enters it replicates at such a fast pace that it crashes the entire system.
Steps to counter these threats
- Prevention is always better and cheaper than cure. Staff acclimatization and training proves a breakthrough in countering cyber-attacks and preventing them from attacking the system. Cybersecurity awareness should always be high among persons using IT infrastructure.
- Update your systems, tools and software with the latest available features and versions. These updates, especially, work on counter-hacking features.
- Laptops and Desktops are the entry points to your server and any node in the network is critical for security so we need to protect all the entry and endpoints of the network.
- Keep proper control and authorization on the system functions and accesses. Take the backup of the data at a regular interval and there should be firewalls and password systems to prevent any unauthorized access or any virus entering the system.
- Always remember every system and every company is vulnerable to such attacks and it has nothing to do with the company size. Sometimes a small company may hold vital information which a hacker is seeking.
Despite all the above threats the business is thriving and shall continue to do so. The above steps are to help your systems and data at an optimum distance from cyber threats. You just need to be alert and take all the necessary measures. We advise you to keep your systems and date updated all the time to prevent it from viruses and hacking. Proper planning and committed resources can go a long way in warding off such threats.