A very delicious , healthy exotic Indian veg innovative recipe of mine which turned out superbly tempting and flavourful ..
Ingredients for gravy
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 black cardamom
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 onions chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tomatoes Chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dhaniya powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
Other ingredients for gravy
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp ginger julienne
- 2 tsp kasoori methi powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 4 garlic flakes chopped
- 1 green chilli deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup boiled peas
- 10 raisins
- 8 slices jalapeños
- 1/2 tsp roasted crushed cumin
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- To prepare gravy, heat oil.
- Add all whole spices and let them turn fragrant.
- Add onions and stir till golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, dhaniya powder and 1/4 cup water. COVER and cook till soft for 5 minutes.
- Mix almond flour with 1/2 cup water to make a paste. Add to masala. Bring to boil .Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from fire and cool.
- Grind to a smooth paste using about 1 cup water
- To finish the gravy heat butter, add ginger julienne and saute for a minute. Add kasoori methi and garam masala. Stir.
- Add the gravy paste and mix well. Set the consistency by adding water. Boil, simmer covered for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
Recipe for filling
- Heat 1 tsp butter. Add jeera, after a few seconds Add chopped ginger and garlic.
- When they change the color, add green chilli and peas and mix well.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir for 2-3 minutes, remove from fire .Cool and grind to a thick paste.
Recipe for paneer
- Cut slices of paneer.
- Heat 1 tsp butter in a flat pan. Put paneer slices, reduce heat . Sprinkle some salt, red chilli powder, garam masala. Turn side when golden brown from bottom and Sprinkle same masala again.
- Remove when both sides r golden.
- Divide filling evenly
- Sandwich the 2 paneer slices with peas and jalapeños filling. Press and cut into pieces.
- Put the hot gravy in a dish.
- Arrange the paneer pieces.
- Drizzle some gravy on top. Top with some jalapeños, some ginger julienne and coriander. Some almond flakes..
- Arrange some cherry tomatoes
- Enjoy with rice or beetroot parantha rolls and healthy salad